Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Unsung Heroes

My dear friend discovered Fuzziwig's Candy Factory in Michigan City and while there with her two sons last week she grabbed these adorable Halloween suckers for my children. She took them home, packaged them delicately to prevent melting or breaking in transit, and mailed them from Indiana to Utah. Who does that? All that effort, three little suckers! Only a person who values friendship above time and kindness over convenience.
Sherri, the treats charmed my children immensely and you reminded me, yet again, how blessed I am to be your friend. Thoughtful gestures like this are why you are one of my heroes. And I miss you something terrible.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the best, and let me tell ya, J, I am the one who is blessed. Miss you so very much!