Friday, October 24, 2008

Snap

Why blog? This has been a recurring discussion in my mind for the past six years. Blogging is such a flagrant act of narcissism and, though I quite like myself, I don't openly admit it. For some reason today is different and I'm textually announcing that I think you all want to hear what I have to say about stuff. And, you want to see pictures of my kids.

It would seem, however, that I am not fully prepared to accept my own egotism because I have enlisted the other Big J to join me on this blog. Sharing a blog divides the conceit in half and I feel better about that. Besides, as a stay-at-home mom with three young children, I spend a lot of time thinking about things. Jessi spends that time doing things. I think we two will make a good balance. I just need to convince her to get off her river raft, or mountain bike, or snow skis long enough to compose something.

As for the blog title, I thought an international edge was necessary because Jessi and my musings are likely to be provocative, insightful, and extensive. We will undoubtedly draw an international audience over time and I want all to feel welcome.

Cheers! (A la votre)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Narcissism, eh? So I suppose if you knew someone (or were married to someone) who had written 571 blog posts over the last 5 years (almost all of them about himself), he would be a narcissist? Yeah, I guess you're right...

Rosalyn said...

Hi Jocelin--

We're glad to see you join the blogging world. Narcissistic it may be, but it's sure fun for the rest of us to hear your insight into things for once (not that we mind reading Keith's, but a change is nice!).

glanier said...

I know an classic example of narcissism you can find from the guy who runs the auburn opelika running club website. He is obviously loves himself very much. maybe you are familiar with it?