Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bug Tag

I've been tagged and I'm always looking for an excuse to complain so here you go:

Ten Things that Bug Me:

(In a particular order)

(1) Sniffing Dogs: why do pet owners let their dogs romp up to complete strangers and sniff their crotch. Please, someone, tell me why this is acceptable in our culture. It's gross and rude and invasive. Some of you are thinking, "but all dogs sniff, it's what they do." Not so! My neighbor's dog never sniffs and he checks me out daily. Good dog, Jeffrey.
(2) Bluetooth Phones: unless you're securing the premises for Obama's pending arrival or being talked through an emergency tracheotomy, I'm betting the conversation can wait. People walking around shouting one side of a conversation (and always a boring one, at that) into a crowd of people is just inappropriate social behavior. So annoying!
(3) The Five Day Workweek: if we eliminate Facebook and Youtube from office computers, don't you think we could get the national work week down to four days.
(4) Brushing the Kids Teeth: too much pressure to do it just as the dentist advises. It makes me anxious every night.
(5) Logan Radio: I don't do Country so I'm stuck with a Raffi cd or silence. I choose silence.
(6) Facebook: it's out of control at my house. And none of my old boyfriends will chat with me.
(7) Eli Picking His Nose: someone tell me how to make it stop.
(8) Mornings: since when does elementary school have to start so dang early? We're trying to stay up until 3 AM over here.
(9) Not-My-Problem Parents: moms who honestly expect public school to teach, mold, and inspire their children. Those over-worked and underpaid teachers are responsible for the 3 R's, folks, and that's it. The rest is on you.
(10) Britney Spears New Album: haven't heard it yet. Hate it!

On this happy note, I tag Keith, Brittney, Jandee, Dustin and the other Big J. Have at it!

13 comments:

Tasha said...

I thought that you might like this!! It's like one big Bunco party isn't it?!? I loved it myself, and can't wait for someone else to ask me to get on my soapbox!! Loved your list...my favorite was MORNINGS! Right there with ya sista!!!!

Stef said...

Great picture of Eli. Eli and his little buddy have more in common than I thought. No solution for you, just keep on smiling like you do.....

Loved your list....

Jana said...

I love the dog sniffing one! Laughing so hard right now. Enjoyed the whole list!

Ronda said...

Love your list, you are so hilarious! I cannot believe that I forgot the nose-picking - dang it! Great picture of Eli! And I'm glad Jeffrey isn't doing any crotch-sniffing - if he does, let me know and he is locked up for good!

Brynne said...

Was looking forward to seeing your list and wasn't disappointed :) I am still trying to narrow mine down to just 10--it's proving to be quite the challenge. I'm sure Keith's will be entertaining too--we kind of stalk him through your blog. You two are quite the entertaining pair! And I have a hard time believing that your old boyfriends won't chat with you! It's probably just too hard to face the reality that you got away from them...

Tasha said...

The better question here is...why hasn't anyone put BIG hair on their list?!?LOL

Brittney said...

Since you tagged me and since I don't blog, I'll post my response here. BUG tag:
1. Parents who criticize their children publicly.
2. Broken confidences.
3. Gossip.
4. Women/Men who criticize their spouses in public (in or out of their presence).
5. Disrespectful people/attitudes.
6. Individuals who believe they are "above the law" or exempt from it.
7. Dishonesty and hypocrisy.
8. The smell of fish.
9. Joking at the expense of others.
10. Lack of gratitude.

Amie said...

I'm laughing hysterically! You are so funny! I didn't know someone else felt the way I do about brushing kids' teeth! The dog thing- definately, I hate when they're even OUT... except Jeffrey, ofcourse. :)

Jandee said...

Dog sniffing --that is annoying.
Facebook --I am not sure I like, I am not really into that (Dusty set me up an account to be funny) Dusty likes it and has been "reunited" with many friends. I just think it is weird to either constantly be writing about what you are doing or reading about what other people are doing. Somethings are better left unknown to the public-- right? And where is privacy anymore.- jandee

Amie said...

After thinking about it, I also have to say- is that facebook one poking fun at types like me? I tell you it's his WIFE I chat with! HIS WIFE!!!! hahahaha!!!
p.s. (I agree with the comment just before mine, I'm trying to figure out the joys of knowing "Amber is doing laundry.")

katyvee said...

Booger picking.. is tough. Booger EATING, even worse. (Be grateful if he hasn't moved on to the latter.) And the blue-tooth thing! YES! Who do people think they are?? Have they got Brangelina on the line??

cragun family said...

Nicely done. I am still trying to put a list together with actual stuff that bugs me and not just the daily activities, and annoyances.
coming soon...

Trisha said...

You are seriously one of the funniest people I know. I loved the bug list. Thanks for the good read!